Mashariki African Film Festival, MAAFF, is officially calling filmmakers to submit films for its fifth Edition that will take place from March 24 to 31st 2019 in Kigali-Rwanda under the theme “Cinema to enlighten Humanity”.
Submissions are FREE for all eligible filmmakers.
The sections are:
In competition (open to all African filmmakers):
- Best African feature fiction
- Best African short
- Best African Documentary
East African Category
- Best East African short
- Best East African Documentary
- Best Rwandan short Fiction,
- Best Promising Cinematographer
Iziwacu Films: (Rwandan)
- Best Feature Film
- Best Actor
- Best Actress
- Best Original Screenplay
Out of competition (Open to filmmakers worldwide)
N.B: These are:
- Short (fictions and Documentaries): 52 min or less.
- Feature length (fictions and Documentaries): 52 min or plus
The films submitted should:
- Be directed by an African filmmaker and the story relates to Africa
- Not have been completed before 2017
- Not have been submitted in the previous editions of MAAFF
- Be in English or have English/French Subtitles.
- The festival receives the preview copies of the films either by vimeo Link or 2 DVDs or Via Film Freeway
- Video Formats: .mp(e)g/.vob/.mov/.mp4/.avi
- Audio Formats: 48 kHz sound PCM (only uncompressed), MP3, AAC
Resolution: HD material 1920x1080px
Films and a completed online form and all deliverables should be sent by 24th December 2018 at 6:00 (GMT+2). Click here to fill out the submission form – but for that, make sure to carefully read our Agreement Terms.
Selected Films will be announced by 31 January 2019
In case of selection, the filmmaker will receive a notification at the discretion of the festival.
The filmmaker will be asked to send a screening copy (.mp4 / .mov) with Resolution of (1920x1080px) through vimeo Links, google drive, wetransfer or physically to the festival’s address (for Rwandan Filmmakers).
The filmmaker shall also be asked to send the director’s profile photo stills and the film poster with a resolution at least 300 dpi.
N.B:This should be done within 14 days after receiving the notification.
Delivery details/ Address
Mashariki African Film Festival
KG 456 St
P.O Box: 1925 Kigali-Rwanda
Tel +250788881381 /+250781057725