Terms of film submissions:
- Films should be directed by an African filmmaker.
- Films made by Non-African Filmmakers with a plot related to Africa will be considered for the Panorama Section.
- Submitted Films should be a 2017-2018 production
- Submissions start 8th October 2018
- Deadline to receive the application form and Screener Link (Please use a Vimeo link without Password) is 24th December 2018 at 6:00 (GMT+2).
Selected Films will be announced by 31st January 2019
In case of selection:
- The filmmaker will receive a notification at the discretion of the festival.
- The filmmaker cannot withdraw their film from the competition after the notification of the Festival Official Selection.
- The filmmaker will be asked to send a screening copy (.MP4 /.MOV) with Resolution of 1920x1080px) through vimeo links, google drive or we transfer.
- The filmmaker shall also be asked to send the director’s profile photo, stills or film poster with a resolution at least 300 dpi.
NB: This should be done within 14 days after receiving the notification.
- Mashariki African Film Festival will not pay the SCREENING FEE to selected films.
to finalize your submission, please click here to download a consent form, which you should sign, scan and send by email to: email@example.com before signing and send the form, make sure you have filled out our submission form here.